After knowing my friend's dog for more than a year, I really think there are many things we can learn from a dog.
- Always waiting for the owner to come back home.
- After getting scolded, doesn't hold grudges. Instead jumps over to you excitedly the next minute
- Doesn't bite you or fight back when being scolded. Walks away quietly
- Waits patiently and quietly for the next "play time"
- Looks at the owner longingly and lovingly, no matter when, no matter what
- Cuddles up to the owner when the owner is sad or angry
- Just listening intently and never giving an opinion when the owner talks to it
Why can't we just behave like a dog sometimes?
WE ALWAYS have to
- complain why our wife/husband comes home late
- hold grudges and seek revenge and go into cold war mode after an argument
- fight, shout and retort
- always asking for more time, more attention and more of what we want
- looks at people with bias
- be too busy to accompany our loved ones when they're down
- give a second opinion and not listening intently