Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Anti-abortion?


Look at this photo above.

This kind of photo is always used by anti-abortion people to stimulate negative emotions towards abortion, to push their anti-abortion agenda.

But don't be fooled by your emotions and don't fooled by them.

Abortion is not entirely wrong in some cases. And of course abortion is NOT murder, as anti-abortion people always claim. Murder is the "unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice".

A fetus is not human as long as it is in the womb, just as a papaya seed is NOT a papaya.

Whether abortion is "right" or "wrong" (nothing in this world is absolute anyway) depends on the circumstance.

Let's take for example a situation whereby a woman is being raped and she gets pregnant.
Does she not have the right to abort the fetus?

Yes she has EVERY right to do it. She would not want to live with the fetus and the horror of the rape for 9 months and the rest of her life. Therefore, let us give her the right to abort. Give her the choice to abort. The fetus is PART of her body and she has the right to decide what to do with her body.

Then there are cases of unexpected and unwanted pregnancies. The woman might be too young or financially incapable of raising a kid. Probably for her, the best option out of the worst scenario would be to abort the fetus.

Also with modern technology, women know in advance whether their child would be severely handicapped (missing limbs, severe retardation, missing organs). So they have the choice to abort or allow the fetus to be born and suffer for the rest of his life.

So I guess I am not pro-abortion per se, but I am pro-choice. Choice. Let the women decide for themselves. They know best because their bodies and finances are involved.
They know best because they are in that situation, not you and I.

2 comments:

  1. I'm young and will be giving birth to my first baby very soon. I am not finacally stable and don't have the money to raise a child. Even though I respect your choice, of having pro-choice, I will have to disagree with some of the statements you said. I do not agree with you when you say it is not murder. It is. At 4 weeks the baby has a heart, their lungs and organs are growing, their brain is experiencing activity. Now for someone to say that 'that' is not a human, and it's not murder to abort the baby is ignorance.

    I'm personally against abortion and don't support it. But as well as you, I do think that women have choices. They can decide whether they are prepared to have a baby or not, and if not, then yes, abort. But I do think it needs to be known that abortion 'is' murder.

    Thankyou for your opinions on the matter. I hope I didn't cross any lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont kid yourself. A fetus is a child. And ts a life at conception. If you kill a pregnant mom ,you get charged with two murders not one!

    ReplyDelete